Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

HELP! Issues joining Wondom / Sure Jab2 + Jab3
HELP! Issues joining Wondom / Sure Jab2 + Jab3
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th May 2019, 07:20 PM   #1
billbear22 is offline billbear22  United States
diyAudio Member

Angry HELP! Issues joining Wondom / Sure Jab2 + Jab3

Hello all, this is my first post so go easy on me!
I've scoured the internet and have yet to find anyone with the same issue that I am experiencing. I'm hopeful that someone will have some good advice for me here though.

I am building a portable 4.0 system in a pelican case using the Sure / Wondom Jab2-50 and Jab3-50. Judging by their instructional videos, the connection of the boards and programming of the onboard ADAU1701 should be simple enough. Here's what I'm running into...

I can successfully complete connection of the boards and have output from all 4 channels. I then connect the JAB3 to the ICP1 and download my schematic settings to the ADAU1701. At this point, the woofers connected to my JAB3 play the low end as intended but the JAB2 cuts off all output. I've tried trouble shooting different speakers connected to JAB2, I've messed with all the output names in sigmastudio and am confident in my settings.

I've been working on this project for a few months now and it's starting to become discouraging. I've learned so much about these boards and SigmaStudio along the way, but no success yet. Considering building a cross over for each channel if I cant the the DSP to work. Below is a picture of my schematic and speaker box.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

On a side note, for those of you who are considering buying the JAB3, 2, or 1, I have some super helpful information. Although Wondom says that JAB 3 is compatible with JAB1 and JAB2, that is not correct. I have been emailing them and they said ONLY the JAB2-50 and JAB3-50 are compatible. This is because there is a on/off signal wire that connects the two. JAB2-50 and JAB3-50 use a 3 pin on/off connector while all the others use a 2 pin connector.

All help is appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by billbear22; 21st May 2019 at 03:36 PM.

HELP! Issues joining Wondom / Sure Jab2 + Jab3Hide this!Advertise here!