6 Watt Car amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
12V 4 Ohm load:
Single-ended (basic TDA2003 etc) makes 4 Watts
Bridge-mode (standard car-sound chips) makes 16 Watts (18W-24W claimed)

How nano is this nano? I would expect anything with an electric starter (or drive motor), or headlights, would not be strained by a small car-sound system.

According to a graph that I've found in a BOSCH document about car alternators, 14.4 V is the maximum allowed regulation voltage @ 20°C/293K. There's a temperature coefficient, though, of -2 mV/K. So the regulation voltage may be 14.48 V @ 253K/-20°C :rolleyes:.
Best regards!

With the efficiency of the TDA2003, which is 69%, you can get these 6W RMS on 4ohm load with 14,4V.
with 12V you will get 4,2W RMS on 4ohm as PRR stated.
About batteries and voltages which are allowed, I can discuss, but this is not the place for that. It is not the question here.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• LM3886-supply.gif
    LM3886-supply.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 127
  • LM3886-supply-2.gif
    LM3886-supply-2.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I´d use any of the old school chips.

No, NONE will make 6W, not their fault but too low supply voltaghe , so don´t lose sleep about that.

Slightly rewritten goal should be: "easy simple power amps, putting out as much as possible into 4 ohm speakers when fed from car battery voltage"

By the way, TDA2003 is rated 10W into 2 ohm, so you can add an extra pair 4 ohm speakers if space is available, with no extra amp complication.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.