Composite amplifier: LM3886 + LME49710

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just let me please one queston what I do not understand:
The R23, R25... resistors with 1k (parallel with + input of LM3886) seems to be very low value for me!!! With simulations I got the best parameters with ca. 10k by this position!
Anyway, in the case of 1k you have a huge signal voltage drop..

Just let me please one queston what I do not understand:
The R23, R25... resistors with 1k (parallel with + input of LM3886) seems to be very low value for me!!! With simulations I got the best parameters with ca. 10k by this position!
Anyway, in the case of 1k you have a huge signal voltage drop..

Those resistors together with R6 and R31 form 2 voltage dividers (R6+R25 and R31+R23) that is meant to allow the LME49720 to clip before the 3886. Like this I get much better clipping behavior than if the 3886 would clip.
There was some discussion about in earlier posts (Composite amplifier: LM3886 + LME49710)

Thanks. What is the simulated THD+N of the whole cicruit? Could you show me a step response with about 500ns/div resolution?

Tom is using by this positions 1k-330R. Pretty low...

The first post has the simulated step response and THD+N. Note that the TINA model doesn't include the LM3886 THD so the simulation for that is not relevant.
I got a good sound card to measure this but I'm still learning about how to calibrate the whole thing in REW...

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I don't have any experience with 24 bit , but with 16 . To get lowest closed loop distortion you must output the sine wave with the highest level to be described by 24 bit , then attenuate by resistors to get -3db FS . May be there is a minimum to search for .

Actually all the DAC's and ADC's I have tested are better at a reduced level. Typically the best distortion is at -15 dB. This brings a penalty in SNR but for distortion testing a good FFT program will get you past that limitation. The best I have used for this is: DiAna, a software Distortion Analyzer DiAna Index of /diana/

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.