Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

DIY Audio Newbie - 1st build - Status: at the Edge of Heaven
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th January 2019, 05:45 AM   #1
Clueless but avid is offline Clueless but avid  Germany
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up DIY Audio Newbie - 1st build - Status: at the Edge of Heaven

Hey people,

just a few words, because I 've got to tell this someone who knows what I'm talking about.
This is my first attempt in DIY Audio after years of building vintage PC's. I am far from finishing my active Speakers, but a few days ago I heard it for the first time. All six LM1875 + two TDA7293 are, controlled by EQ APO/ Peace, running and I am already at the gates of heaven.
The progress may be slow, because my budget is nearly 0 and I've got to learn everything electronics related from ground on, but its fun and I never thought the result could be this wonderful.

Most parts are used, and it looks a bit shabby, but thats ok, because I'm making mistakes here & there. The second speaker will be better, then I'll know how to make it right.

best regards
J.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BOX 01 groß 01.jpg (290.4 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg BOX 01 groß 03.jpg (126.6 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg 3 Kisten 2.5 Wege groß. 02.jpg (205.2 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg BOX 01 groß 07.jpg (512.6 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg Klappkühler 1218 1000h 01.JPG (541.8 KB, 127 views)
Old 11th January 2019, 06:20 AM   #2
avtech23 is offline avtech23  Australia
Certifiably addicted to DIY.
diyAudio Member

I know what you mean - my favourite part of every build is the first music test.

Once I have gotten the sine wave testing over with and the amp is stable enough to put music through, I plug in one of my favourite tunes and just savour the experience of having brought the music to life from a pile of components filled with smoke

Quote:
..but its fun and I never thought the result could be this wonderful.
Quote:
..looks a bit shabby, but thats ok, because I'm making mistakes here & there. The second speaker will be better..
Love your attitude! That's kinda the whole point of DIY that some people seem to miss.

The ever growing project list.. :NAP140 Clone, NAD 3020i & 3225PE, JLH1969, TDA2050, Fender 5F2A Princeton, NE5532 Preamp | : VSQC Phunk Style, Retro 50W | Filmosound 601 | SHPA | : Apex AX-14 | TGM-10 | TDA7265 | LM4780 (Last in line)...maybe
Old 11th January 2019, 10:00 PM   #3
FauxFrench is offline FauxFrench  France
diyAudio Member

Congratulations. This feeling of excitement from those small components producing wonderful music is unique. With experience this feeling of magic will be slowly replaced by the feeling of mastering electronics such that the magic-element is less but you can predict an outcome from changes in the design. That mastering state will save you from some frustrations in the beginner phase.

Keep up the spirit.
Old 12th January 2019, 01:33 AM   #4
Clueless but avid is offline Clueless but avid  Germany
diyAudio Member

Greetings to Australia & France! Many Thanks for your kind Words.

I've read positive meanings about an external PSU for Xonar Essence Soundcards. My Xonar D2 also has an external Power Connector and so I made a small linear 5/12V PSU for it. Maybe it gives an Improvement, maybe not. I'll test it later.
Also I'm thinking about a Speaker Stand for my standing Speakers. Sounds a little weird, but in my Imagination the Speakers are hanging on Pieces of Bicycle Tubes completely decoupled from Ground about 10mm above the Floor.
I'll keep you informed.

Best Regards
J.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DC Xonar 5 12 1200w 01.JPG (404.2 KB, 48 views)

DIY Audio Newbie - 1st build - Status: at the Edge of HeavenHide this!Advertise here!