Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Simple 14w (7w+7w) stereo amplifier layout
Simple 14w (7w+7w) stereo amplifier layout
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th January 2019, 04:01 AM   #1
22uf is offline 22uf  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Simple 14w (7w+7w) stereo amplifier layout

I have some speakers and in total they add up to 14w. I want to build a small portable stereo system, but Iím having trouble looking for a PCB transfer layout for a 14w stereo amp. It doesnít have to be 14w; 10w or whatever is fine too. I just need it to have a volume control, on-off, power in, and an led light. Any idea where I could find this? I have looked everywhere.

I donít need anything complicated, just a simple stereo amplifier up to 14w/7w+7w.
Old 11th January 2019, 05:59 AM   #2
Bruce@bluff is offline Bruce@bluff  South Africa
diyAudio Member

You best bet would be chip based. I would go for the STA540. I have attached the datasheet. You cant get more simple than that
Attached Files
File Type: pdf STA540.pdf (371.3 KB, 64 views)
Old 11th January 2019, 06:19 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Well yes, I totally agree. Is there a pcb layout anywhere for something like this?
Old 11th January 2019, 06:30 AM   #4
Bruce@bluff is offline Bruce@bluff  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Usually there is one in the datasheet try chip amp guys on the forum. If you are a beginner I would suggest building it on a stripboard first
Old 11th January 2019, 09:18 AM   #5
Lojzek is offline Lojzek  Croatia
diyAudio Member

There is TDA7375A amplifier kits off ebay going for 8 US$ shipped worldwide and the pcb and componenet layout is available in the datasheet. I have built myself one on a perfboard, works alright.
Old 11th January 2019, 01:44 PM   #6
kokoriantz is offline kokoriantz  Lebanon
diyAudio Member

TDA7297 is very famous, if your speaker is 8 ohms it is the best 2x18w. Look on YouTube several recordings demonstrated. On Aliexpress you'll find from 2$ all mounted.
Old 11th January 2019, 03:57 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce@bluff View Post
Usually there is one in the datasheet try chip amp guys on the forum. If you are a beginner I would suggest building it on a stripboard first
I mean something like this image, the bottom right.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11th January 2019, 07:51 PM   #8
FauxFrench is offline FauxFrench  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22uf View Post
I mean something like this image, the bottom right.

Click the image to open in full size.

I use "Veroboard" as shown to the left. It leaves you the flexibility to implement almost any circuit with "through hole" components. Use of SMD components is very difficult.

If you are not comfortable with that kind of boards consider bying a "kit". Such a kit has a real PCB and all the components delivered with it. Bying a PCB and all the components yourself is just more work.

Examples:
TDA7377 amplifier board Power Amplifier 2.1 DIY kit 3 Channel Sound Audio AMP Board 12 18V DC-in Printer Parts from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
TDA7297 amplifier board spare parts dc 12v grade 2.0 dual audio encoding 15w electronic diy kit-in Integrated Circuits from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

TDA7297 is really value for money. TDA7377 is an improved TDA7297. STA540 is great - I just didn't find a kit. TDA7850 is superb. There are many high performance chips for 12V-22V single supply. It is just to find the right DIY kit.

Last edited by FauxFrench; 11th January 2019 at 07:54 PM.
Old 13th January 2019, 04:25 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxFrench View Post
I use "Veroboard" as shown to the left. It leaves you the flexibility to implement almost any circuit with "through hole" components. Use of SMD components is very difficult.

If you are not comfortable with that kind of boards consider bying a "kit". Such a kit has a real PCB and all the components delivered with it. Bying a PCB and all the components yourself is just more work.

Examples:
TDA7377 amplifier board Power Amplifier 2.1 DIY kit 3 Channel Sound Audio AMP Board 12 18V DC-in Printer Parts from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
TDA7297 amplifier board spare parts dc 12v grade 2.0 dual audio encoding 15w electronic diy kit-in Integrated Circuits from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

TDA7297 is really value for money. TDA7377 is an improved TDA7297. STA540 is great - I just didn't find a kit. TDA7850 is superb. There are many high performance chips for 12V-22V single supply. It is just to find the right DIY kit.

Thanks, I think this is the best way!
Old 14th January 2019, 02:00 AM   #10
tomchr is offline tomchr  Canada
diyAudio Member

You could run an LM3886 from Ī20 V. That'd give you a touch over 15 W into 8 Ω.

My LM3886DR would fit the bill.

Tom

Simple 14w (7w+7w) stereo amplifier layoutHide this!Advertise here!