Proel amp wd12a

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ugh, I see Corrosive Black Gunk. What's that doing there anyway? It may or may not be part of the problem, but should be scraped off either way. As a bonus, you could then see where those traces going to the diodes are coming from.

Through-hole soldering looks a bit spotty, too... some pins seem to have a lot of solder on them, some too little.

Ugh, I see Corrosive Black Gunk. What's that doing there anyway? It may or may not be part of the problem, but should be scraped off either way. As a bonus, you could then see where those traces going to the diodes are coming from.

Through-hole soldering looks a bit spotty, too... some pins seem to have a lot of solder on them, some too little.

Thank you sgrossklass, I do not know yet if an integrated circuit is involved but the diode D3 is short circuit, even unwelded.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Options would be to just fit 'something' and see what happens.

Are any rails to the opamps missing ? If a pos or neg rail is missing then see what happens when you fit say a 5v1 or a 12v Zener.

Could it be a 'transorb' type device fitted across a rail as some kind of over voltage or spike protection. If so then run it up with it removed.

You need to be creative when you can't get circuit details.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.