LM3886 build topic (Dual Mono + DAC)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you for the input on the chassis and the given references. I will use the YA43 chassis, that one is large enough to have a clean build (in my humble opinion).

@zgtc
Over-sizing the PSU wont hurt (except for my wallet). The 686 board offers more flexibility for capacitor configurations and the added capacitance is a "nice to have".

Update:
-The correct (PCM1974) DAC arrived
-Neurochrome PCB's + materials arrived
-Just missed the FedEx guy with the Mouser package, hopefully tomorrow
-YA43 chassis in transit, 2-4 weeks remaining
-Sjostrom DCT02 (DC Trap) in transit
-PCB supports ordered (for the DCT02 + Power-686 + Guardian-86)
-PCB support for the Modulus-86 will be a job for the 3D printer

All major parts are ordered, in transit or have already arrived. Last month was consumed by work and as it looks now, the next 1-2 months will be very busy as well. So progress is a little slow now.

The YA43 chassis arrived. Quality better than expected, real solid and nicely finished. Few small remarks:
-Chassis feets made from cheap plastic, replaced by aluminum CNC / anodized ones
-Pre drilled holes for speaker terminals are 11mm, while the Neurochrome terminals are made for 6.5 - 7.0 mm. To be fixed (other terminals or make it fit with washers)
-One fuse is standard. I intend to drill two additional holes, so each transformer will have its own fuse.

The bottom plate of the chassis is now covered with paper to avoid scratches, allowing me to play around with the actual lay-out. The PCB supports are coming in any moment now. That allows me to mount every PCB, before I start soldering all the components.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Updates:
-Chinese IEC socket, fuse holder and switch replaced by locally sourced components that are a bit more sturdy.
-Sjöström SST-03 soft start added to the project
-300VA transformers will be replaced by 160VA transformers to save some space.

Amplimo 300VA = 121mm diameter
Amplimo 160VA = 104mm diameter

One of the 300VA's can now stay in the existing BrianGT based amplifier and the other 300VA goes back on the shelf.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.