Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

2x30watt + 2x50watt amp board with Bluetooth
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd December 2018, 01:59 PM   #1
pisherwood is offline pisherwood
diyAudio Member

Question 2x30watt + 2x50watt amp board with Bluetooth

I am refurbishing a very old symphonic turntable w/ speakers for my sister. I am taking out the turntable and old shot speakers since they are broken and installing two Tang Band W3-881SJ 3" Drivers (Any other suggestions on a 3-4" full range driver hit me!).

I want to power the speakers with 2x30 watts of power while also have two output L/R channels to power any speakers she might want to expand the system with later with more power. It would also be nice to have Bluetooth but not a big deal if not.

No boards I have found can do this. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this? Is it bad practice to double amplify a sound with two amplifier boards? I'm new to this so please hit me with some knowledge.

Much thanks in advance
Old 23rd December 2018, 03:09 PM   #2
Lingwendil is offline Lingwendil  United States
Now with high-fructose ASSAULT-gluten!
diyAudio Member

Are the compartments for the speakers open backed or vented? If large enough and easily sealed you can get some respectable bass response pretty easily depending on size and speaker selection.

Fwiw, I would take these over the tang band drivers, better sensitivity (more efficient) and great off-axis measurements-

FaitalPRO 3FE22 3" Neodymium Professional Full-Range Woofer 4 Ohm

These would also be a fine choice-

FaitalPRO 3FE25 3" Professional Full-Range Woofer 4 Ohm

Either would be a great choice and in my opinion a better option than the tang band, not even taking price into account.

I haven't been overly impressed with many of the Bluetooth class D boards available, many are pretty noisy (background hiss/hash) so I would be inclined to buy a four channel board (or two two channel boards) and use either line in or a separate high quality Bluetooth or WiFi module.

For something like what you're doing I think the TPA3116D2 boards are a good choice, and they come in a huge variety of options.

Last edited by Lingwendil; 23rd December 2018 at 03:16 PM.
Old 23rd December 2018, 04:03 PM   #3
tsmith1315 is offline tsmith1315  United States
diyAudio Member

Be sure the RIAA phono EQ either stays in place or is replaced.
Old 24th December 2018, 02:46 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks Lingwendil, I appreciate the advice on the fatal pros
Old 24th December 2018, 02:50 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingwendil View Post
Are the compartments for the speakers open backed or vented? If large enough and easily sealed you can get some respectable bass response pretty easily depending on size and speaker selection.
I think I will likely go sealed for this. I don't think my sister will be more into a clean sound then bass response.

2x30watt + 2x50watt amp board with BluetoothHide this!Advertise here!