2x30watt + 2x50watt amp board with Bluetooth

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am refurbishing a very old symphonic turntable w/ speakers for my sister. I am taking out the turntable and old shot speakers since they are broken and installing two Tang Band W3-881SJ 3" Drivers (Any other suggestions on a 3-4" full range driver hit me!:D).

I want to power the speakers with 2x30 watts of power while also have two output L/R channels to power any speakers she might want to expand the system with later with more power. It would also be nice to have Bluetooth but not a big deal if not.

No boards I have found can do this. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this? Is it bad practice to double amplify a sound with two amplifier boards? I'm new to this so please hit me with some knowledge.

Much thanks in advance:cheers::cheers:

Are the compartments for the speakers open backed or vented? If large enough and easily sealed you can get some respectable bass response pretty easily depending on size and speaker selection.

Fwiw, I would take these over the tang band drivers, better sensitivity (more efficient) and great off-axis measurements-

FaitalPRO 3FE22 3" Neodymium Professional Full-Range Woofer 4 Ohm

These would also be a fine choice-

FaitalPRO 3FE25 3" Professional Full-Range Woofer 4 Ohm

Either would be a great choice and in my opinion a better option than the tang band, not even taking price into account.

I haven't been overly impressed with many of the Bluetooth class D boards available, many are pretty noisy (background hiss/hash) so I would be inclined to buy a four channel board (or two two channel boards) and use either line in or a separate high quality Bluetooth or WiFi module.

For something like what you're doing I think the TPA3116D2 boards are a good choice, and they come in a huge variety of options.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.