Improving a PAM8403 amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im making a small custom amp circuit, it needs to be low power. So the PAM8403 Seems ideal and is nice and cheep.
(Any other suggestions in same power range would be good)

Im working towards building the circuitboard my self and have a schematic for this version.
51lT4aVVoSL.jpg

But I have also spotted this one that seems to have more compponents.
diagram-arduino-compatible-2-channel-3-w-pam8403-audio-super-mini-digital-amplifier-module.jpg

So im assuming there ways i can improve on the design for cleaner output ect. Any one got some schematics for this IC?

Sweet so that helps me remove any possible noise.

Doesnt help with why these two boards have different setups.
Why does the second have two extra electrolytic capacitors when the other had none?

First board has 10 extra components and second has 11 (two being the electrolytics)

My schematic has.

Im still learning and quite noob, hoping to get the best sound possible from this lil IC =)

Iv read the data sheet propperly now and viewd various sites/threads and board schematics to try find the best method to wire this.

I have added a 1000uf decoupling capacitor to the 5v input
Im already ready to add ferrite beads to the audio inputs if needed.

One schematic shows me that I need more components for my stereo jack.
Is this correct? Or is there a more elegant solution? Less parts would be useful as Im working in a very small space.
70219696344a4b0bbe8cdacba99288f7.png

I will post my schematic soon if anyone is happy to double check my work.
Also if there is any info on spacing and layout of the board people have that would be great. (Say if one part needs to be close to an output to reduce noise ect?)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.