|Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|22nd October 2018, 01:40 PM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2018
TDA 7293 vs STK4192 + newbie questions
Im new to audio systems as well as this forum. I hope this thread is in its appropriate forum , if not kindly relocate it to wherever it is deemed appropriate.
I have an old bunch of speakers and amplifiers ( both working ) from my grandfather. Unfortunately , due to the amplifier being : mono , discreet transistor based ( 2n3055 and sort) ,a cassette player input, lost schematics , im planning on building a new amp.
Getting to the point , I have :
1. 2 towers , each consisting of ( 1x Tweeter - 50W(max) 8ohm , 1x Mid- 20W 4 Ohm , and 1x Woofer - unknown wattage, 9 inch dia , 8 ohms). Now my grandpa claims that the system was 80W , so i would say that the woofer can handle a min of 40W. In addition , the tweeters 50W is its peak i guess , so its RMS would be lower . (Pics attached)
2. 1 x 30-0-30 Transformer , 4A ( I guess, it used 6A diodes in its bridge rectifier)
3. 1x 15- 0 -15 Transformer , I guess 500mA
I have a few questions , hope they arnt too noobish :
1. Any opinion on the STK4192 vs the TDA7293 in terms of audio quality , stability , heating and component quality) ? I also have alternate low powered options like the tda2030/40/50
2. Isnt i better to set a constant gain in the IC while modulating the voltage via a potential divider or op amp amplifier in the input to prevent oscillations?
3. By Power = V^2/R , the max power 2x 8 ohm speakers in series can draw if i use my 30 -0 - 30 is approx 500W. But neither the amp nor the speakers can handle it. So , am I supposed to control the Wattage via the output voltage( setting the peak voltage via the gain or some IC function)?
4. If the above is true , then the efficiency with supply of -45 to 45 V and a peak output of just 40V would see a lot of heat since at leat the tda7293 is a class AB
5. Is it worth it to keep the 30 -0 30 around? or should i replace it with a 12 -0 -12 5 Amp ? Im trying to minimze the budget by reusing the old stuff.
6. Is a 80+80W system too loud for a 300 sq feet room?
Thanks! hope these questions are clear and not too noobish!
PS : I have attached the pics of the speakers . If anyone can guesstimate or identify them , it would be great.
|27th October 2018, 01:31 AM||#2|
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Carlisle, England
Rather than buy a new power supply just don't turn the amp up full.
A living room doesn't need many watts.
I get by on a couple of watts from a USB DAC into a Fane 12-50WRMS speaker.
PCBCAD51 pcb design software. 2018 version out now with lower prices >> http://www.murtonpikesystems.co.uk
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|STK4192 amplifier circuit?||DGWKGG||Power Supplies||3||23rd September 2013 05:40 PM|
|Driver stage to finals newbie questions - (I hope not dumb questions)||rongon||Tubes / Valves||15||13th June 2011 09:29 PM|
|Replacement for STK4192 II||sifuconman||Chip Amps||6||3rd March 2011 06:39 PM|
|NE5532 TDA 7293 Newbie Help||balaberda||Chip Amps||20||30th January 2010 07:44 PM|
|PA Amp with TDA 7293...Questions...||iCebReakEr409||Solid State||5||8th August 2002 09:59 PM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|