Tda1514 circuit built on veroboard is motorboating

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to u all.,
Some time ago i purchased an tda 1514 ic to build a small mono amplifier to be used with avery old solid state tuner.After studing several schematics available on internet,i decided to build the circuit on verobord because it is so practical. I stuck to the instructions given in the article to get the best of my amplifier.however,unfortunately,upon powering the circuit,i found that the latter was motorboating heavily.after a few minutes of smoke test to see if components were getting hot which they did not i switched off again.i rechecked the jlayout several times but i could not see what was wrong.I used a stabilised suppy of +/-22 volts to power the amp..can u help me with that problem.
Regards thanks.

Tda 1514 motorboating(2)

Hi Jon,
I have a problem to upload the file containing the schematic on my computer but the description is as available in electro dan design on the internet.Many of the schematics of other sites are almost the same.I am sorry that i cannot help you much but i have sent some photos .see if they can be of any help to you to make a diagnostic.
Regards,thanks.

Attachments

• 20181008_182453.jpg
    20181008_182453.jpg
    852.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 20181008_182310.jpg
    20181008_182310.jpg
    907.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 20181008_182257.jpg
    20181008_182257.jpg
    890.7 KB · Views: 167
Motor boating is normally caused by a decoupling issue or layout.
We must presume that the schematic is tried and tested.
Page 8 https://docs-emea.rs-online.com/webdocs/0027/0900766b80027b06.pdf

explains how the chip works and if you check your layout you should find the issue.
Best of luck and keep a clear head when figuring it out.

You may find it is heat related as you have no heat sink.

Last edited:
Hi Jon,
I have a problem to upload the file containing the schematic on my computer but the description is as available in electro dan design on the internet.Many of the schematics of other sites are almost the same.I am sorry that i cannot help you much but i have sent some photos .see if they can be of any help to you to make a diagnostic.
Regards,thanks.

hi

Where is the heatsink? is missing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.