new project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• s-l64 (2).jpg
    s-l64 (2).jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 211
The GND should be available near the power pins of all LM3886 ICs. Then you can add local decoupling capacitors for all of them.

Next are the compensation networks around all LM3886 (look at the datasheet schematic). The parts forming compensation networks are not optional even if datasheet says otherwise. All these seems missing on the PCB that you selected.

In any case, before looking at the ebay offerings, read Tom Christiansen's "Taming the LM3886 Chip Amplifier" article. It will help you understand what to look for on all those LM3886 PCBs.

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Connect up to 4x LM3886 ICs in Parallel Chipamp Gainclone PCB only DIY | eBay

Connect up to 4x LM3886 ICs in Parallel Chipamp Gainclone PCB only DIY | eBay

hi can some one give me advice on the above link for a 4 x lm3886 in parallel,is it any good ? any recomendations ? all gratfully received thanks

Why do you need four in parallel?
One makes 68 watts. Do you know how loud is that with reasonably sensitive speakers? Do you know how much power is needed for normal listening? No more then one watt!

4 lm3886

hi thanks for you reply, the question of power on 4 x lm3886 ! i have made a single lm3886 set up and the volume level is adequite and a nice sound quality, then i bridged 2 idividual units ,and yes there is more volume but what i personaly noticed was the bass had more authority and basicaly a different animal alltogether much more detail !! my quest is how much better can it get ?so ime on here for help and guidence from you the gods of hifi, so any info is appreciated........ if the ebay pcb are not ideal is there any alternatives out there i can buy , iv tried to contact chipamp.com but seems the site is closed down !!

bpa 300 help

hi iv done more research on parallel lm3886 projects and found threads on this pcb see( attachment ) is that a better pcb than the last one ??the problem being new to this, is trimming the dc offset on on each lm3886 ,,, ???? i cant find any info on doing this ,, i am presuming by using a multimeter set to milli volts and one probe on a point on the pcb and same with the other and adjust as close to zero as possible my question is,,,,,, what procedure ? what two points to take the measurment ? thanks

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 150
You need a schematic for the PCB to know where to connect the probes. Anyways, this board does not look much better then the previous one. I also do not see a reason to parallel 3xLM3886's if you do not use bridge-parallel configuration with overall 6xLM3886 or do not intend to drive 2 Ohm load. Two LM3886 in parallel are more than enough for 4 Ohm load and is much easier to implement. Since you are new to all this I would recommend to stop looking at e-bay offerings since most of them are not good without modifications. Just wait for Tom (Neurochrome Audio: High performance DIY audio circuits.) to finish an updated version of his MOD286 with two LM3886 in parallel. You will not find better implementation than his. If I remember right Tom mentioned that he may finish redesign of his parallel MOD286 relatively soon. I myself am waiting for it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.