Suggestion for replacement LME49740 Op Amp PDIP Package

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ST Micro MC 33079 sounds great! It's a quad in SOIC or DIP. I like it better than the TI family when used as buffer with no feedback; the TIs sound stuffy in comparison with no voltage gain. But TIs sound good with 6-10dB voltage gain. ymmv

Always check for oscillation after replacing opamps! I have swapped these a few times without problems.

Last edited:
I used a KRK Ergo that came with MC33079 quad opamps. Subbed in every version I could find as replacement. None were better, several did not work as well. Tried FET and bipolar input. Think it is the crossover distortion reduction. Low power draw also.
But way better than expected. Spent way too much time testing to go back to MC33079 chips. Was hoping to find an improvement.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
ST Micro MC 33079 sounds great! It's a quad in SOIC or DIP. I like it better than the TI family when used as buffer with no feedback; the TIs sound stuffy in comparison with no voltage gain. But TIs sound good with 6-10dB voltage gain. ymmv

Always check for oscillation after replacing opamps! I have swapped these a few times without problems.
Thank, yes they are similar, i will have to check closely the datasheets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.