Need help to run a salvaged Amplifier board from samsung max dj 730

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I salvaged a AMP board and the transformer from Samsung dj730 music system.
I also found the schhamatics of the Amp board from the service manual.
Is there a way to make this amp run stand alone?

I don't have the technical know how, If some one could help it would be great.
Please have a look at the attached schematics.

Thanks
Bharat Singh

Attachments

• samsung_max-dj730_dj650_kj730_zj730_zj650_sch - 1.pdf
    331.3 KB · Views: 63
On first sight, if you have everything shown in the schematic + the power transformer it looks like it might work on its own.

That said, it is a very complex amplifier, lots of muting/power sensing/protection/relay activation, etc. going on, so I guess that even if amp itself is fine, it might still "not work" because some of those protections I mentioned "do not allow it to".

And I think not only preamp but also crossover is on "the other board", the one you don´t have, you should follow STK power amps inputs (2 channels each) backwards towards the ribbon connectors and inject Audio there, I repeat I fear some preamp controlled (by a microprocessor?) signal must turn amp mute OFF or you will get no sound.

Problem is you claim "I don't have the technical know how" and a "paint by the numbers" detailed step by step guide may be very long and complex for a Forum answer.

But hey, maybe somebody does :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.