Critique my PCB! Yet another parallel LM3886

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is getting better, trace between pin3 to resistor ra4 make it wider(2.5 mm+) and longer so it connects with ra6 too.
I would pay attention to the component pads, I hate small pads, resize all of them, smallest one I would use is 1.8mm/0.9mm hole , largest ones 3.5mm+/1.5mm hole.
Example, those 0.1ohm resistor should have 2.5mm+ Pads, it will look good too, not all of the ic pads should be larger...

DGWGUKZm.png

I also wanted to give an attempt to my very own hopefully working PA100 pcb design and didn't want to open a new thread about the same topic.

Maybe you guys could give me some feedback, i guess i mainly used the same sources as @abza.

I will use a +-35VDC power supply and want to drive a 4 Ohm speaker to max 100W.

A few details about the design:
  • I separated signal ground and power ground to form a star ground on the amp case.
  • The input Cap and Input Resistor (Rin, Cin) will be directly soldered to the input terminal. Im not shure about the potentiometer as volume regulator. Wouldn't it change the low frequency cutoff?
  • The 4.7uF bypass caps are soldered directly at the LM3886 at the bottom of the board.
  • The Feedback resistor is soldered directly onto the legs of LM3886 at the top of the board.
  • Zobel network is soldered directly at the output terminals. (is only one zobel enough or do i need 1 per LM3886??)
  • Thiele network can be added later on if necessary. (Also at output terminals)

And last question: are all the bypass caps even necessary? I saw other designs with only 1 pair of caps for +VDC and -VDC.

Feel free to give constructive critique. Im always eager to learn :)

Attachments

• BoardBottom.PNG
    BoardBottom.PNG
    81.9 KB · Views: 78
  • BoardTop.PNG
    BoardTop.PNG
    81.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Schematic.PNG
    Schematic.PNG
    53.2 KB · Views: 81
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.