Help me design my home music system amplifier with loudness controls.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2015
Paid Member
If you are using Windows, you might find "equalizer apo" useful. It installs at the operating system level and can be used for anything you play. And its free.

Equalizer APO download | SourceForge.net

Peace Equalizer, UI for Equalizer APO download | SourceForge.net

Well thanks, but all my devices are Android devices. Which means an Android equalizer which is a little hard to find.

See this:

10 best equalizer apps for Android - Android Authority

Global equalizers exist on Android, but their non-system level permissions prevent them from being truly effective. In short, it’s a giant, inconsistent mess. It’s one we’re hoping we can clear up with this list of the best equalizer apps for Android. Please note, some of these will work on your device. Others will not. You’ll have to try out a few to see if they work for you.
I use Ubuntu on the desktop, I should be able to get a good equalizer here, but need one that works off the You Tube streams.

Edit: Is there a difference in sound between a hardware equalizer and a software equalizer? Or to be more exact, does each and every software equalizer sound different from each and every hardware equalizer? I notice this is an area of some controversy.

If we find a hardware and software equalizer that sound exactly the same, we are done.

Last edited:
Joined 2015
Paid Member
There are also 'volume boost' apps for Android, these work very well to increase volume. I get a 10 dB increase from 50 to 60 db at about 0.5 metre, some distortion is apparent.

Only problem so far is that the Music Player equalizer locks the volume so volume boost does not work wit the equalizer switched on. Ah well.

Looks like there is an app for everything.

My point is that I do not need a very powerful amplifier now, with the current 8002A I am getting 2.6 Watts x 2 into 4 Ohms, and the BA 5406 will output 5 W per channel.

Last edited:
BA-5406 is a good chip, bridged gives about 15w into 6 ohms
having bass/treble and loudness functions are 2 of the reasons I chose an SX-780 for a total rebuild and tuner upgrade. new amp ,optimized tuner , power supply changes , tube preamp, new phono preamp, and iphone input. Thinking of adding surround sound board for logictech sub and satellites.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.