Pioneer A400 mod help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, hope you're well.

I have an immaculate Pioneer A400 which I love dearly but I'm conscious that it's not at it's best and could get much better. To that end, I've decided to take the jump and mod it myself with new capacitors right across the board.

Now this particular job is fiddly, but I'm clear on what needs done. Where I desperately need some advice is on the upgrade of rca inputs and speaker terminals.

The A400, if you're not familiar is equipped with pcb mount blocks for the inputs and speaker terminals, not unlike this....

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Each of these blocks, as you can see, have THREE connections to the pcb, while I want to hook up some replacement inputs like these...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

...and connect them to the pcb with jumpers. Of course there are only two soldering connections on the new inputs, do I need to add a ground link to the pcb too to make the three connections, and if yes, where on the input and speaker terminal does this go?

Apologies if this sounds a bit basic, I know some electronics but not loads so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

XJPS.png

Pioneer A400 Help Wanted

How did the Mod turn out. I Have an A400 with bad phono sockets, I have purchased Gold Plated socket to replace the dodgy ones. I was wondering whether to mount them through the case or attaché them to a Paxoline cut to size bolted to the case.
Any help would be very welcome I am planning on doing a recap as well.

Many thanks
Martin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.