Help needed to increase the input gain on a TPA3116D2 amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes without c40 the slave will follow master exactly. Yes the master synch output might inject some more HF noise into slave chip than with small value c40. You can never hear that, maybe a wireless connection or radio/tv reception or other electronics functioning in house will notice, but c40=1nF causing the slave not to receive synch signal seems more likely to cause all that. But I can only guess.

Thanks again for the information. I did hook up the amp a week ago and it sounded pretty good without any additional noise, but the gain was too low for my smartphone.

I will try to swap the resistors as you suggested and test the amp without removing c40 or changing it at this time. Then I will test it out and listen again for any additional noise.

I wish I knew the value of c40 on the circuit board, but the value is not printed like the resistors.

Thanks for your answer! I will search deeper to find more about this gain. Is my newest hobbby and this is my first project and i am a bit frustrated with the results so far!

Alternatively you can look in the datasheet ( http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tpa3118d2.pdf ), page 6, section 6.5 where the table shows "Gain (BTL)". There are listed resistor values (two resistors) to be used for different gain settings. First, you have to find these two resistors on your amplifier board and read their values.

Hi all,thank you for interrest and please forgive my late answer.
At this moment I changed my mind in this project,i bought a TDA7492P bluetooth module and i build the box for my fullrange speakers with some sort of transmission line.
The project of the box was found on a german forum, it sound incredible compared with my current sound system, - like it verry much.
I will come back at this project after i will finish my speakers in current configuration!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.