ChipAmp.com?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The discussion is here.

Regards,
Oleg

Yes, there are other kits:

1. My_Ref FE by Mauro Penasa and Dario Inserra (ClaveFremen) here.
2. Modulus-86 by Tom Christiansen (tomchr) of Neurochrome Audio. The thread is here.
3. PA03 by Pavel Dudek (group buy has been run by peranders) here.
and some other... Just search the forum.

You may also be interested in this thread...

I should have clarified sorry - I mean similar kits that are just dual-mono, minimal boards without preamps/buffers/etc (as the Audiosector and CA kits are). I've got all that stuff already.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
If a bare-bones LM3886 circuit is what you're after, you could consider building it point-to-point. Now you do need to pay attention to the layout if you want to reproduce the data sheet performance of the LM3886. I document that in the LM3886 P2P vs PCB (with data) thread. I suggest reading the first 10 or so pages of that.

I also suggest that you check out my Taming the LM3886 pages.

I think both of these resources will make it easier for you when you are trying to sort the wheat from the chaff. There are many LM3886 boards out there and many of them will not be able to give you the data sheet performance of the LM3886. Some are more likely than others.

I do occasionally consider offering a sort of "LM3886 Done Right" type board, featuring the LM3886 and just enough components to make it work well. It seems there is a void to fill. We'll see...

Tom

Last edited:
If a bare-bones LM3886 circuit is what you're after, you could consider building it point-to-point. Now you do need to pay attention to the layout if you want to reproduce the data sheet performance of the LM3886. I document that in the LM3886 P2P vs PCB (with data) thread. I suggest reading the first 10 or so pages of that.

I also suggest that you check out my Taming the LM3886 pages.

I think both of these resources will make it easier for you when you are trying to sort the wheat from the chaff. There are many LM3886 boards out there and many of them will not be able to give you the data sheet performance of the LM3886. Some are more likely than others.

I do occasionally consider offering a sort of "LM3886 Done Right" type board, featuring the LM3886 and just enough components to make it work well. It seems there is a void to fill. We'll see...

Tom

Absolutely a market for it - I had a crack at designing a board but even then I'd rather buy one from somebody with more of an idea than me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.