lm1875 ic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to u all,i recently build a circuit with tda 2050 for an old amplifier.the tdas work fine with split supplies of up to 25 volts but the amplifiers'transformer has a split supplies of 28 volts.a friend ask me to upgrade with lm1875 which has similar characteristics but can withstand a maximum of+/-30 volts and that the pcb is fine for the 1875.the problem is that upon switch on the 1 ohm resistor at the output (boucherot network ? ) of the 1875 burn out.what may be the problem?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
upon switch on the 1 ohm resistor at the output (boucherot network ? ) of the 1875 burn out.what may be the problem?

I take it that this resistor is in series with a small cap of around 0.1uF. If so then the only possible cause of the burning is high frequency instability and oscillation.

Why is a different matter. You would have to check the application is suitable for the LM1875.... without looking up the relevant data sheets I don't know off hand what the differences are.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I've just looked at the data sheets and there are no obvious problems that I can see. You would need to look at this with an oscilloscope and try and see what was happening. It may just need a small amount of compensation adding to the feedback network and/or perhaps a small output inductor adding.

All guesswork without a scope though I'm afraid.

lm1875

I would change all the components of the boucherot cell and let you know how it goes.Any way it is strange that the tda 2050s worked well on the same pcb without needing extra components like an inductor and output resistance.only lack of space for the transistor regulators prevented me from using them in the amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.