Any chip amp to run on +/- 50V into 6 ohms?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
........There are many, many different "STK modules" by Sanyo with disparate performance capabilities so I find your comment overly-general. Must have had some bad luck there, or something.

also had general idea of stk modules as being very bad . trough my hands i passed 20 or so stk based amplifiers/micro systems, that have gone bad. starting with very old stuff with no replacements ,to modern systems. modern ones seems to be little better in general but i see more complex protections around modern stks.

all other amplifiers i checked had common bugs(dry caps ,dry solder,open resistors) where stk based amps tend to have at least 2 modules changed before usual bugs appear.maybe its cheap goo that they put becouse they need lot for such big area ? or is it bad luck to 20 different people i know also.

to op.. i had similar question and someone told me to use bucking transformer for lovering voltage. so you can use any chip you would like.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.