lm3875 at 94V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi i dont have enough parts at stash,run out of good transformers and hi curent regulators ,and in sort of hurry to finish amp.at +-45v dc is it better to drop 10v with 2sc1943, 2sc5200 or put them in output(dont care i need pair more i have stash) ,sort of using 3875 as first stage but on 94v still :D ? i know neither solution is good but i need to have spare amp in few days from now,so cant wait for parts to arrive.

i think is lot better to put in output but want to make sure i didnt miss something.

ok this should work, i will try this afternoon to make then post if it is working and why not,but i will use 3875

Attachments

• 3886+ 90w 90v.jpg
    3886+ 90w 90v.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 313
Absolute maximum ratings are 94V rail to rail when no signal is present and 84V rail to rail when a signal is present.

Your measured 94Vdc may not be worst case.
How high could that go when mains is at it's highest?

I suggest that you build a non feedback voltage regulator using a Zener and emitter follower (Pass has examples) to bring your supply down to +-40Vdc, or lower.

A capacitance multiplier could also drop significant voltage to enable your chipamp to survive.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
hm, interesting solution. but does bucking transformer has to be same primary wire diameter as transformer i am connecting it to? i sort of need to order some parts now so i will probably order 20 or so lt1083 and that is sort of easy solution to me as i have bigger heatsink stash than good transformers stash.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.