LM3886 Layout - Single Supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was looking for a ready-to-transfer pcb layout of a single supplied lm3886 chip, but i did not found anything. I'm wondering if anyone can help me with the layout. The schematic is below.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks for you help ! :)

EDIT: I've done a layout, i didn't included the 4700uF capacitor in the layout. Thoughts about this? I think that signal ground, V- and the ground from the schematic are connected, right?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
I haven't looked at your layout, but there are some schematic subtleties that may get you in trouble.

1. Depending on your VCC, Q1 as a 2N3904 may not have a high enough voltage rating.
2. A lot of the power supply ripple will appear in the output since CA is kind of small.
3. Ci=10 uF will put you -3 dB at 15.9 Hz, and also lead to increased bass distortion. Recommend 47 uF there (or more)
4. This design, depending upon the ramp rate of the supply, will make a big bang noise in the speaker on turn-on.
5. This design, depending on the rate at which the power supply falls, could have funny whistling as the inputs may leave the common mode range during turn-off.

Feel free to take a look at the schematics here to see solutions to the problems listed above.

http://www.akitika.com/documents/AssemblyManualGT101rev1p46.pdf

Of course, there may be other ways to address these issues...

you may have some troubles if all the traces are the small width. There are big currents that flow in the power and ground traces, and the output traces.

I didn't study it carefully enough to say for sure, but the running of the ground will probably put half-wave rectified currents into the input signal, causing distortion. Usually it is safer to have signal ground and power grounds run separately, and tied somewhere on the outside of the PCB.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.