LM1875 transconductance amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got some LM1875 for free use to test several circuits and I'm building this one right now >
On the other hand I've got the complete output transistors, even the matched ones still matched, of a Rotel RA-06, and would like to get them to know a LM1875. Maybe there will/ could be love?

greetings
Jochen

Attachments

• pano Trans-Amp Prasi 02.jpg
    pano Trans-Amp Prasi 02.jpg
    841.6 KB · Views: 850
  • Transistoren Rotel RA-06 1000w.JPG
    Transistoren Rotel RA-06 1000w.JPG
    645.9 KB · Views: 817
Last edited:
Still working on my 2 1/2-way active LM1875 speakers. 1st version with crappy wood and non inverting Amps I gave up for a new version built of MDF with triple Trans-Amp. Work is still in progress but Ihave got some pics:

Attachments

• 1st contact 800w 01.jpg
    1st contact 800w 01.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 679
  • triple LM1875 Trans-Amp 1000w 01.JPG
    triple LM1875 Trans-Amp 1000w 01.JPG
    951.6 KB · Views: 681
  • Box von hinten groß 02.jpg
    Box von hinten groß 02.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 655
  • Einbau Elektronik 1000w.jpg
    Einbau Elektronik 1000w.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Hi

Revisiting an old thread since I always wanted to try a transconductance amp. since I have full range speakers and the article from NP convinced me to one day give it a try.

Thanks to the good as built schematic of Bimbla and the great help from Prasi a PCB layout has been created. I will try to fire it up very soon and will keep you posted.

I attached some pics of the empty and stuffed PCB (need to find my LM1875

Once tested I'll have some PCB to sell at cost + shipping (cheap)

BR
Eric

I am even later to the party. I am using a pair of full-range speakers with an ACA, but was also intrigued by the TransConductance paper by Nelson Pass.

Do you still have any of the boards to sell? If not I can build one myself, but shipping from China takes foorrreeeevvvvveeeeeerrrrrrr.......

8)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.