why o why doesn't this work ? Balanced 549

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I tried this idea to drive the balanced output of my Roland E660 in a gainclone. Used chips are OPA549. No bad smell, no DC on the output but also no sound :confused: They are powered with 2 12v batteries wich gives a -12 and +12 rail. Also there's a 0,1 µF cap over the 2 rails.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Even when i connect just one on a unbalanced output still nothing.

The only thing i hear is a slight *pop* in the speakers when I power the 549's.

I just red the datasheet over again, in wich stated that ref. pin must be als low as the negative voltage if V- is used. So in my case -12. Sadly enough I don't have anymore samples avaible so this project has to wait.

@carlosfm, actually this is a bridgeclone. But you can call it a balanced amplifier since you use the - in / + in to drive it.

SpaBlauw said:
I just red the datasheet over again, in wich stated that ref. pin must be als low as the negative voltage if V- is used. So in my case -12. Sadly enough I don't have anymore samples avaible so this project has to wait.

@carlosfm, actually this is a bridgeclone. But you can call it a balanced amplifier since you use the - in / + in to drive it.

oops, sorry. i forgot that they go to -v. :xeye:

Matttcattt said:

oops, sorry. i forgot that they go to -v. :xeye:

what do you mean by that?

Attachments

• opa549_ref.jpg
    opa549_ref.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 200
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.