Project Box to enclose a Sure TA2024

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks, this is my first post and my first project.

I just ordered a Sure TA2024 board from E-Bay. Now I need to find a box to enclose it. The purpose of this project is to drive a pair of old (but really neat looking) Apple Pro "eyeball" speakers. So this box will sit on my desktop and will receive input from my PC and will output to these speakers.

I suppose I could have ordered the pre-built version of this already in it's enclosure, but I'd rather do it myself.

I'm really new at this, so I'd like some advice. Is there a project box that is the right size and has standoffs in the right location to mount this?

If not, then how do I go about finding the right size box and how do I mount this properly?

The dimensions of the board are 3.6 inches x 2.7 inches, as per the Product Manual. The distance between the mounting holes are 3.2" and 2.3".

I suspect I'll want to let the RCA inputs that are on the board poke out through the side of the box... but if necessary, I'll mount additional hardware on the box and wire it up.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi, generally amplifiers and their PSU are in the same box, this allows for very short connections between them. So I suggest to remove the jack female plug for +Vs and solder directly the wires from the PSU cap. The same can be done for the two RCA plugs, but this for allowing reliabilty for the traction when inserting and disconnetting the plugs, so the new (ISOLATED from the chassis) RCAs can be fixed onto a panel.

Edit...oh, I see that there are also screws for PSU connection!

Last edited:
I think you want a nice looking setup, so I actually hesitate to suggest this thread. Still, it might jog your thinking, so here it is, starting at post #7. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip-amps/259723-recommend-cheap-50-amp.html

The standoffs used to mount computer motherboards work very well for printed circuit boards (since that's what motherboards are, after all). Search eBay for "motherboard standoff" If you're willing to order from Asia they're cheap, really cheap.

I've use thick (3/4") weatherstripping and hot glue to mount perfboard. CAUTION: do not get hot glue on components. It runs at something like 300 degrees F, which is a wee bit out of spec.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.