lm1876 problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi guys .

first of all please excuse my english. secondly i builded un amplifier using the schematics for typical aplicat LM1876-circuits.jpg ion my problem is that i have 18 v in both outputs. when i try to atach the speakers the source transformer 63 v 200w starts to make un huge noise and also the speakers . if i conect the speaker trough un polarized capacitor in series then the amplifier starts working and after that if you remove the capacitor works also . after power down same story again. can any of you please help me

i build this amplifier as un replacement for front chanells amplifier in genius sw hf 5,1 5005 the suply the transformer has 63 v indeed but i used his internal split power suply with +18 -18 v the amplifier still work but my problem are at start when it doesnt stars and the transformer vibrate unless i put un capacitor in series with the speakers . i might uses it with that capacitor but is not ok it at high frequencies and mids sounds ok but the buss its almost inexistent . when i remove the capacitor and i connect the witout it the amplifier sounds at least ok both hi and lows also the transformer noise but again after power down i nedd to conect again the capacitor and after that to remove it and connevt the speakers

aparently by adding the zobel network from auxiliary schematics of the texas instruments lm1876 datasheet putting 0.1uf capacitors in parallel with the bypasing caps and putting the stand by pins to ground solved my problem . the amplifier works now without problems(when now sound are played through him you can hear un sound like zzzzzz if you put you ear close to speakers). besides that sounds great and its a great improvement versus original tda7269 amplifier. thank you all who gived un thought to try to solve my problem

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.