TDA7293 2.1 Power amplifier board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi guys i am interested in buying this amplifier board , what i want to ask is what do you think of the elements used in it and it's quality , i know its chinese one but for the price i think it's worth. can you suggest me some other pages or links where i can buy good assembled amplifier board. sorry for my english.

Assembled TDA7293 2 1 Power Amplifier Board with Speaker Protection 80W 2 160W | eBay

if you can not open link write "www . ebay . com" (delete empty spaces and paste "/itm/Assembled-TDA7294-2-1-channel-Power-amp-board-speaker-protection-Upgraded-/110944246214?pt=US_Home_Audio_Amplifiers_Preamps&hash=item19d4cad9c6")

Last edited:
If you want spend money for something you never will like go for it. As you say " i know its chinese one but for the price i think it's worth" IMHO it is not worth it.
Rule of thumb is you get what you pay, and there is a reason there still are discrete build amplifiers even there are 1000 of Integrated circuit amplifiers.
If 2.1 (stereo + sub) not is a must, but you don't want to blow you budget by more than 100% then take a look at [50W*2 Assembled Stereo L10 amplifier +protection Power supply board DC +-50V ] (copy txt and paste in search on ebay.
You still need the power transformer from the grid and all the other stuff.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
L7 is a lot smaller amplifier than L10. How it manages 300W +300Wstereo output with a single pair of mosfets and 100VA transformer is beyond belief but if you are just considering value for money in finished (that's non-DIY) amplifiers, then several of LJM's original products can be bought as good-sounding finished products. L12 modules are the best sounding IMV.

There are copies of his designs containing poor substitute parts though. Don't bother with these for the few dollars you might save when the sound is likely mediocre. In many cases, a retail product you buy in a store can be a better investment than a crudely built kit and power supply in a metal box. The DIY factor can vary from very good to disaster depending on the expertise and parts quality of the seller's source. If you don't have a trusted opinion on the exact build you are going to receive (which is unlikely) - don't waste the substantial amount of money.

L7 is a lot smaller amplifier than L10. How it manages 300W +300Wstereo output with a single pair of mosfets and 100VA transformer is beyond belief
It says "Output Power ... 200W +200W (at 4ohm load)", so 400W
Maybe it's true for instantaneous?

but if you are just considering value for money in finished (that's non-DIY) amplifiers, then several of LJM's original products can be bought as good-sounding finished products. L12 modules are the best sounding IMV.

There are copies of his designs containing poor substitute parts though. Don't bother with these for the few dollars you might save when the sound is likely mediocre. In many cases, a retail product you buy in a store can be a better investment than a crudely built kit and power supply in a metal box. The DIY factor can vary from very good to disaster depending on the expertise and parts quality of the seller's source. If you don't have a trusted opinion on the exact build you are going to receive (which is unlikely) - don't waste the substantial amount of money.
I can't find anything with decent power in a retail product, they usually deliver less power and cost more (partly because they make it cheaper by saving on taxes in many Chinese imports - they declare them low value). Is that because the retail products pack more functions (lcd, decoding functions etc.) and want a friendlier looking with no outside heatsinks low wattage product?

Because of its simplicity shouldn't such diy L12 be fairly reliable? I once bought one of along's diy amps which had a switching psu that died after 3 hours and I returned it to him (for $50). I didn't make any measurements at all.

the tda7293 is a very good chip but you really have to work on the diagram and the components to get something out of it.
moreover, it is necessary to know how to mount a real food because it is the most important for this chip.
that's why I started in the middle of the 90 ', I liked it a lot but after setting up my first kaneda, I quickly changed my point of view...

Chinese usually equals fake and cheap parts.
I have bought some serious rubbish from China and now just buy local from reputable dealers. You pay more but you just pay once.
That's what my experience has taught me yet there's a big difference in cost between the retail high power amps in stores and the Chinese ebay vendors. I can't find anything for even than X2 the price. The closest retail budget amp I could find was Onkyo 9010 (70W into 4ohm) but it's less than the recommended power for my current hungry Finalists speakers (recommended 100W into 4ohm).

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.