Testboard LME49830

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for the suggestion. :)
I probably will not use that Seed Shop for these.
I probably can not make these for under 10$, even if I used China.
My PCBs look like this, U C:

LME49811pcb2.jpg

Yes, that is my amplifier.
For your information, only 4 PCBs left for that one. Im not planning to make a reorder after the last ones are sold out.

Its pretty sad actually, that TI decided to waste all the National Semis best work.
Its also quite sad that the audio industry did not find the LME498xx jewels...
Simple IC to play with and super performance. Even up to kilowatt range...

I know only one amplifier that uses the LME49811. That is sold mainly in Dubai, and yes, it is one of my designs. What a waste to that German company as well. Majour developement costs, all wasted now.
Sad...

How much space have you allowed for getting a decent heatsink in there for the 49830?

Suitable heatsinks for my board(s) are SK29, SK145, HS130 or any similar, lots to choose from different manufacturers...

During operation the chip will dissipate about 2W of heat (assuming a 100W amplifier here).
With a 25mm high Fischer SK29, the heatsink temperature will rise to 20C above ambient.

Thermal shutdown will be at 150C.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.