DIY audio amp with tda8571j

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pretty good base in electronics, well I used to. I have gotten pretty rusty. Anyways, I am looking to build a home audio amp using the tda86571j quad amp chip from NXP. I have the chip, and the datasheet. But I am having trouble trying to figure out the supporting hardware needed, and how to bridge the circuit from 4 channel to 2 channel. The datasheet says its possible, but I'm not sure how.

What i would like to accomplish:
A simple 2 channel audio amp with a line in for mp3 players. Maybe a digital volume control. I have the speakers, amp chip, and power supply.

I am hoping to build this with parts from my junk bin. Cash is short, so I cant just go out and purchase an ots (off the shelf) version.

Well , the datasheet shows a typical application that only uses about 6 extra components so it should be pretty easy to figure out , there is even a PCB layout in the datasheet for this chip .....

As for bridging the 4 channels into 2 , I don't really think it is possible , The chip it"s self actually has 8 amplifiers in it that are already bridged to get 4 outputs so they can"t be bridged again for a 2 channel output , though you might be able to parallel the + outputs of 2 channels and the - outputs of 2 channels to get a 2 channel output but would need to add a low value(0.22R) but closely matched resistor to each output leg ....

Cheers

Yes you can ignore the other 2 channels if you wish though you should short the inputs of the 2 unused channels to ground ....

Most of the circuitry is inside the chip , like the feedback network that would normally be set with external components with an opamp or power amp is already built into the chip .....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.