7.1 amplifier design help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone i am new to this forum so forgive my novice approach.
I have a 5.1 cheap speaker sysem whose amp is damaged and two other speakers from a deck set . i am going to built a 7.1 amp for the total system.

my questions :
1. i am going to get eight input channels from pc . then i am going to amplify channels separetly and give them to the speakers. is this approach correct ?
2. can i amplify the subwoofer signal with lm 3886 chips? i know i can with other speakers .
3. is there any way to amplify all the signals via one amplifier ?? like somehow phase shifting the signals amplifing them and filtering them
4. speakers are rated 4 ohms , two deck speakers 8 ohms and sub woofer 6 ohms . lm 3886 can give 100w on a single channel . is it too much for the speakers ??
5. how can i simulate lm 3886 . i use proteus isis however it dont have model for lm 3886
6. am i choosing the wrong ic here . is lm 3886 too much for my cause ?? i am planning on using as home theater system in 20 feet by 18 feet room.
if so then what ic should i consider for it ??

1) Yes , Sounds about right..

2) Yes , you can power a subwoofer with a LM3886 accept you will probably need 2 lm3886 chips as a subwoofer will generaly need twice the power as a regular speaker as low frequency signals need more energy to power them . , you will also need to electronic crossover to filter out the frequencies you don't want amplified.

3) you can run more than one speaker with one amp by running the speakers in series or parallel .

4)The LM3886 can not deliver 100w , it will do 65w into 4 ohms with a +/-28vDC supply and 50w into 8ohms with a +/-35v DC supply , so if you are designing your amp to drive 4 ohm speakers then the 2 8 ohms speakers will get half the power and depending on the sensitivity of the 8 ohm speaker they will be much quieter so it probably isn't ideal to mix the 4 and 8 ohm speakers.

5) don't know about models for that program but I believe there are LM3886 models for Spice , do a forum search and you will probably find them ..

6) probably not the wrong chip but probably a bad mixture of speakers ...

hope this helps in some way ....good luck

Attachments

• amplificador-potencia-tda7294-surround-layout.png
    amplificador-potencia-tda7294-surround-layout.png
    116 KB · Views: 369
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.