Its nearly alive...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

All I have to do on the weekend is connect the power supply and finish of the back plate. I will post some pics of the inside and how it sounds then.

Cheers
Jye

Attachments

• adcp01242.jpg
    adcp01242.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,080
Well here it is, the P/S got connected on the weekend with only the small problem of me using fast blow instead of slow blow fuses (that was a frustrating half an hour :cannotbe: ) Turning it on there are no pops or crackling and with no humming at all :D

I have to say this was a well worth while project, and in performance it beats the hell out of my Sony amp, especially in the lower frequencies:)

Attachments

• adcp01254.jpg
    adcp01254.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 607
Win against Sony amps are not problem - they are crazy . But crazy too is to see this approximately 300 VA trafos without any protection on DC side - it is " small handgranat

could you elaborate on this for us Upupa ?

Is an 160 VA power supply that is often recommended for GC
just a mere stun grenade by comparison ?

What sort of protection on the DC side do you recommend ?

Cheers

Upupa Epops said:
Win against Sony amps are not problem - they are crazy :dead: . But crazy too is to see this approximately 300 VA trafos without any protection on DC side - it is " small handgranat " :) .

Most people who built gainclones (me included) have no protection on the DC side.

Those transformers looked quite beefy at first sight! (pictures can decieve quite easily!) and i was gonna comment on it, but 300VA is not crazy huge. Still, plenty enough for a GC.

Good job by the way.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.