Tda 2003 sound quality.Show me your opinion!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well,i have a tda2003 amp and im very happy with it,probably the best chip amp ever,i like the sound.:)
Its a class b amp but there is no distorion at all.What i dont like is the clipping sounds very bad.:eek:
Its much better than tda8560 or lm1875T,which are my other amps.
Now please tell me,what experiences have with tda 2003.:D
Here is my amp,i dosent look very good since i dont spen much time designing the looks,it is also powered by an 12v 250ma old cell phne charger which is ok for 2 ohms but only at low-ish volumes

Attachments

• DSCF3025[1].jpg
    DSCF3025[1].jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 1,460
Well,i have a tda2003 amp and im very happy with it,probably the best chip amp ever,i like the sound.:)
Its a class b amp but there is no distorion at all.What i dont like is the clipping sounds very bad.:eek:
Its much better than tda8560 or lm1875T,which are my other amps.
Now please tell me,what experiences have with tda 2003.:D
Here is my amp,i dosent look very good since i dont spen much time designing the looks,it is also powered by an 12v 250ma old cell phne charger which is ok for 2 ohms but only at low-ish volumes

It is my favourite chip amp. Great sound is due to current feedback topology which is rare in chip amps. It is designed for car radio and for battery supply. If you use it with 8 ohm speakers it will deliver only about 5W and will clip badly if you push it hard. If you like it's sound as much as I do, I suggest you to try TDA2005 which is the same amp but in bridge mode. You won't need output cap for it. It offers twice as much power as TDA2003. But in any case you should use some kind of regulated supply and avoid supplies of over 12V.

Thanks guys,my lm1875t was my first amp and it sounded like **** because i messed up the grounding,and no one wanted to help me,so i got angry and threw them out,but now,im broke and i cant afford them,sholuld have kept them,also the same for tda2050,the worked 10 secs,an power surge came in and blew the up,since i have 25v transformer and they have a maximum of 25v supply

Guys, i need help,my tda2003 amp makes a distorsion sound at loud volumes on one channel,but if i unplug it,for the 15 sec it runs on the smoothing capacitor,it sounds clean ,it triggers into this state at loud volumes,and can be reset by powering off,I need some help.Could it be because over temperature.It sounds as if its clipping with the bass,but like its only on one chanell and the clipping can be heard if i turn the amp down.
Could it be short circuit protection?it did this on an 150ma charger,but now i ugraded to a 4amp supply and still does this.
Please help me,the chip involved in the broken channel is a tda2003av,the other channel is a possibly fake[?] utc2003,but its not causing the problem
Thanks in advance ;D

do you have the photo of your current TDA2003 amplifier ... post it over (make sure to take the picture top and bottom part of the PCB) ... and also the exact schematic you were using as well ... maybe i can help ...

The Names of the IC might not be a fake ... it is maybe from a different manufacturer uses different prefixes for it ... so many times i encounter for different types of ICs and transistor but end up doing the job it suppose to do with no problems at all ...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

how to do a screen shot

I dont have pics of the amp itself but what i did...
I needed superbly slick and thin amplifier that fitted inside case that was 23mm x 120 x 185mm
I made it almost 2 years ago or so, the design of the board is horrible.
It had PCB2706 DAC and digital volume control, switching power supply (modified laptop charger)

Last edited:
Just rewound output transformer primary.
Less wounds to get a bit over 14 volts bigger filter to get sqw clean.

I built pair of OB fullrange speakers with FR10-4 from visaton

The DAC and volume control were powered by USB 5V

DAC had serious problems with noise until i replaced most of the caps that were probably fake elna ****... nasty stuff from ebay may cause illnesses :D

I was gift for my mom... :)

I did that to a normal line voltage transformer,i removed windings from secondary ,it a ads a lot of power to my tda2003 amp,but it kinda buzzes and gets hot,even when idling,but it seems as the winding stay cold but the core EI gets hot.I would need some help regarding the max recomanded temperatire for a transformer,line frequency is 50hz.
Thanks for the answers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.