Gainclone based on 3875

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a quad of LM3875 that I bought in swap meet and I want to build a gainclone. on ebay they sell these boards that seem to be tried and true but it just says that you need a bipolar power supply between +-24 to +-42 voltsm the problem is that I cant find any kit or ready made or even PCB only power supplies with this kind of output voltage. some direction will be appreciated.

PCB for 56W Audio Amplifier LM3875 HiFi Amp, Gold Qty:1 Avoid China Fakes! | eBay

If you want to do this at a reasonable price you will need to build your own power supply.

This is not complex - a transformer, fuse, bridge rectifier and a couple of capacitors.

I get the impression you are not a very experienced DIYer.
- this is mains voltage
- get some help, it is not complex but don't hurt yourself or others.

The transformer, 160VA or more, 2 secondary windings. of 18 to 28 volts
10 to 20 amp bridge rectifier
Panel fuse holder plus a 5 amp fuse for the primary of the transformer.
Two big caps. Say 8200uf at 50V or more each.

Done.

Don't fret the fakes. If they are you can buy new ones cheap.

If you want to do this at a reasonable price you will need to build your own power supply.

This is not complex - a transformer, fuse, bridge rectifier and a couple of capacitors.

I get the impression you are not a very experienced DIYer.
- this is mains voltage
- get some help, it is not complex but don't hurt yourself or others.

The transformer, 160VA or more, 2 secondary windings. of 18 to 28 volts
10 to 20 amp bridge rectifier
Panel fuse holder plus a 5 amp fuse for the primary of the transformer.
Two big caps. Say 8200uf at 50V or more each.

Done.

Don't fret the fakes. If they are you can buy new ones cheap.

yes I am not very experienced. at the very least I need a PCB with instructions and a BOM. will this do? PS-6 Power Supply PCB and Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.