Trying to improve on a GainCard concept

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nuuk said:

50 volt rating I hope if he is being safe! ;)

Digi, were you asking about the caps because they are silver? If so, this is achieved by skinning the caps, ie taking off their plastic jackets. Some people claim that this changes the sound although I cannot hear any difference but it does make them look nicer.

It is indeed 35 V and the best deal that came from Indonesia on BG caps. Not available anymore. I will not be using more than 24 V on rails (from batteries) so it it safe.

I think I observed a slight difference when skinning coupling caps ( a bit more of somewhat unrestricted sound)), but it is nothing to rave about. I skin them mostly to avoid soldering burns on the plastic jacket;)

transformer coupled IGC

Would it be possible to use a transformer to couple the input of a 3875 in the Thorsten IGC circuit to a 6sn7 (or any DHT for that matter) instead of the 4.7u cap and 10k resistor.(im thinking the transformer would reduce the bandwith to the chip, keeping it stable and blocking DC and optimum impediances could be chosen for the 3875 and 6sn7 to work into)

Has anybody done something like this before?

I think it would be Beneficial to get the cap out of the signal path.

if this is possible id like to directly couple it to the output of a 6sn7 line stage.

any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• inv-gc_sch.gif
    inv-gc_sch.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 535
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.