Noob needs advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello. Im new to the forum but I have been wanting to build a desktop amplifier for a 2.1 setup. I have been eyeing the Yuanjing tda7294/7293 amplifier on ebay. The seller says it puts out descent amount of power (2x80W+160W). The only thing I dont like about it are all the control knobs on the front. I really don't need independent left and right volume knobs. Is anyone familiar with this amplifier and does anyone know if there is a way to use a another board to control the amp (Main vol, sub vol, treble, pwr)? I don't know anything about this amp except what I read in the ad. Thanks

ebay ad: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-1-Channel...490?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb5f5090a

Last edited:
Lepai:
- 1x12V 24 VA power supply.
- 3x20 W into 4 Ohm promised, but only possible with a different power supply.
- complete amp.

Yuanjing:
- split power supply, which you need to calculate with the help of the datasheet.
- 2x80 W + 1x160 W into unknown impedance that take enormous heatsinks or the use of class H.
- amp PCB lacking power supply, case, heatsink, wires, connectors, etc.
- not likely to fit on the desktop, when finished.

The obvious thing both offers have in common is that they can be bought cheaper than the parts they are made from.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.