Bash chip amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I think they have been discussed before, so a search might be productive. It looks like they have a switching power supply with low RFI . Low enough for crazed audiophiles? I don't know.
If so, maybe their power supply could be used with a gainclone.

As it is, they supply all in one modules up to around 1000 watts
or multi channel modules. Sure would be a quick way to make PA systems and home theater........

The Klipsh PC system that uses BASH has a great reputation, but is it a great sounding system, or a great sounding for a computer system? hmmmmm.............

Hi guys,
I'm very new here, and I've got a (4me) very important question:

1. I heard of those gainclones in a german diy forum. They were discribed as very simple power amps,
2. I wanna build myself a dipol sub with 2 x 12"woofers, and I need to drive it seperately from my electrstatic LS, which are driven by a Leak Stereo 60, and as such far to weak to drive the sub,
3. So I read, and had the idea, to build with such a gain clone a power amp 4 my sub, adding, if possible some alps potentiometer 4 the correct settings and fitting to the rest of my sound system

Did anyone of U try such a thing before, and where from can I purchase such a requested bash sta power amp module? What do they cost and so on?

If such a question appeared before, and answers were given, please post me the links to them.
thanx a lot

Carl

The BASH amps use a bridged output topology, that has it's power supplied by a tracking downconverter.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the tracking downconverter was developed by Mr. Bob Carver in the 60's or 70's? But he can't make it to work and abandoned it for another project. When his company, Carver had troubles (or he) he setup the company Sunfire. The subs made by Sunfire uses this kind of psu in their amps. That is why the OPS are very cool during operation. That is what I read a long time ago.

BTW, I have personally heard the Sunfire Sub and it really rocks! FYI, in some of their amps, they use the 2SC3281/2SA1302 devices.

Regards,
JojoD

Indigo Electronics is based in Toronto, Canada. They sell amplifiers into the car stereo market as well as private label car stereo amplifier. They also build amplifier modules for many subwoofer and active speaker manufacturers.

The architecture is essentially a tracking power supply supplying the power stage, but they seem to have done a real good job of it.

Indigo does not sell the chips themselves. They are marketed by ST Microelectronics, www.st.com. ST fabs the chips for Indigo and markets them under license. You can buy both pieces of the chip set from them.

Alvaius

Indigo Electronics is based in Toronto, Canada. They sell amplifiers into the car stereo market as well as private label car stereo amplifier. They also build amplifier modules for many subwoofer and active speaker manufacturers.

The architecture is essentially a tracking power supply supplying the power stage, but they seem to have done a real good job of it.

Indigo does not sell the chips themselves. They are marketed by ST Microelectronics, Home - STMicroelectronics ST fabs the chips for Indigo and markets them under license. You can buy both pieces of the chip set from them.

Alvaius
Hello Guys, I'm new here and trying to repair a Tannoy 5.1 Sub 15 that uses the Bash STA 575 and STA 5150 for the second time after the first repair lasted 8 years :).
I'm trying to get contact details for Indigo ? Would you be able to assist with any information? Or anyone else here?
Kind regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.