Spice Model TDA2040

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I am about to build some test equipment and was considering using a TDA2040 in the output. My concern was the stability at unity gain. Has anybody a spice model for a TDA2040 or TDA2030? Has anyone tried running these at unity gain?

The idea is to generate a spit supply from a 24 volt plug pack (wall wart to some) so the supply will be +/- 12 volts.

The 12 bit DAC output from a Xmega micro will supply the signal. DC to audio frequencies only. Voltage out +/- 8 maximum. Good output control at mV required so I may have digital gain control (relay Hi Lo).

Regards Ken

HI abraxalito

Thank you for your reply, it is good to know you have ran one at 6dB of gain. I shall draw up and rout a circuit board making provision for feedback gain adjustment and also a voltage divider on the input. If you are interested I shall report back.

regards
Ken

BTW it has taken me this long to sort out the xmega code as I'm new to the beast.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
You could try running the chip with an increased 'noise gain'.

R2 and R3 as shown here give a signal gain of 1 (unity gain) while the chip is happy as it sees a standard feedback network arrangement. There are many variations, this is just the basic outline.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 519
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.