Newby project idea for HND main project help and advice needed please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all this is my first post.i have just started my HND and have been asked to design a project of my choice. i love sound quality and music so want to build an amplifier/ ipod dock.basically i want to know are my thaughts to ambitious for a first amplifier project. i would like the dock to charge the ipod and input the signal through the usual ipod dock 30 pin method. the speakers will be a seprate project once the amplifier is built.the amp i will be building must be from component level and not a kit like some chip amps.

the amplifier design i have been looking at is below

60-80W Power Amplifier

60-100 watts but i dont belive it is stereo sound just a mono. (maybe wrong)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
another one is this below

Project 127

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and then a 50watt chip amp.seems a little low powered.

Single Chip 50W Stereo Amplifier

if im way out please tell me would love for you to sugest a more appropriate amplifier. main thing is i am looking for top sound quality as i hate bad sound.would like the amp to be efficcient and would love to incorporate an ipod charge and play system just like commercial ipod docks.a bonus would be the inclusion of a graphic equalizer think thats at the pre amp stage....maybe i am asking for to much but there all just ideas.very eager and excited to learn and start this project over the next 10 months.

any thaughts or ideas much appriciated?

the speakers i am looking at building at a later date will be around 150 wat rms with a series of tweeters. so looking for an amp design with good power.

thanks for looking and taking the time to read through my problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.