Miniature of the power amplifier LM4766 preferred

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
you can use a transistor but it has to handle AC and you will find that the BJT interferes with the quality of the signal when the mute is OFF.
jFETs can be used, but again take care with parasitics affecting audio quality.
A signal relay is probably easiest and possibly has the lowest parasitics when in the OFF position.

You can use this mute for delayed turn on and for instant off in fault condition.

^ You might post pictures of the build, and take DC measurements of the +/- power rails and AC measurement of the input signal at the chip pins while the input signal is a continuous tone on both channels and you're hearing the distortion.

However if the distortion is bad I wouldn't subject good speakers to it for long in case they would be damaged.

The chip itself is wonderful!
But you know what?
I bought this : HF LM4766 NE5532 40W 40W Stereo Amplifier Board 4 | eBay

Possibly the worst PCB design ive ever seen...

The supply rails are longer than my used socks, no HF filtering near chip only near the large filter caps...

It heated up so badly that it blew up after killing it at 8 ohms with supply voltage +-30V non regulated.

If you are about to buy this board, do not! It takes alot work to make it sound good.

The chip itself is wonderful!
But you know what?
I bought this : HF LM4766 NE5532 40W 40W Stereo Amplifier Board 4 | eBay

Possibly the worst PCB design ive ever seen...

The supply rails are longer than my used socks, no HF filtering near chip only near the large filter caps...

It heated up so badly that it blew up after killing it at 8 ohms with supply voltage +-30V non regulated.

If you are about to buy this board, do not! It takes alot work to make it sound good.

Yes, the use of this chip design very much.

Them some good. Some is very poor.

In some cases, higher prices and more beautiful appearance, does not make sound better. Maybe even worse.

There is currently no NE5532 + LM4766 design. I estimate that there will be no later.

I recently installed one. Probably the cheapest machine I've ever installed.
LM4766
I found a computer speaker that nobody wanted. There is a transformer inside.
AC 18-0-18。 Then I found a previously abandoned chassis.
The total cost will not exceed $12.

Attachments

• IMG_20200912_010735.jpg
    IMG_20200912_010735.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20200912_010745.jpg
    IMG_20200912_010745.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 125
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.