Looking to hire someone to help with simple headphone amplifier design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All;

I have a few small projects in mind that are over my head. I'm trying to find someone that would be willing to help me finish and draft the idea out so I can have it produced!

In short, I want to recreate the headphone amplifier stages from various older portable cd/cassette/dat players (nak 550, sony d8, sony dd9) in modular amplifier form for the Hifiman 801. It would entail taking the amp stage from the schematic, adjusting the power input (the power from the Hifiman is 5V and 7.4V, most of these portable units require much lower voltage), and plotting these in a program which I can then submit for production (I was thinking aapcb.com but am open to any suggestions!).

It's pretty straightforward, but I'm more interested in the final project than the trial and error of where I go wrong in the design, or trying to get Eagle working right for the required files.

If anyone would be willing to help with this, I would happily compensate for your time. Just drop me a PM and we'll go from there. I'd happily provide more info here if there's any interest.

Cheers,

Tim

Thanks Arty; the issue is that the board this has to fit on is very specific; I'd need to have it laid out nicely on there; I'm also concerned there'd be some things I'm missing. To someone that has some experience in simple construction these are no big deal; but to me, I'd likely bungle a good amount of it up!

qusp, you're correct. We can use "good" as a relative term, but yes, opamps played a large part (for analog sources) and i'm sure the early 90's tech D/A converters played a large part as well; there's people on both sides for the SQ of those, but one thing we can agree on is that they're "unique."

There's definitely a lot more that contributed to the sound signature of the units; this is, like most projects, just an exercise and an experiment!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.