tube / gainclone biamping

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've never seen it that way.
But first make a Gainclone.
You'll be surpized with the quality or the bass, mid and treble.
Then, if you're happy (I bet), you can make another one an biamp.

Mixing totally different amps (and even cables) in bi-amping may be trouble waters.

Mixing totally different amps (and even cables) in bi-amping may be trouble waters.

This is what I was worried about. I personally don't prefer tubes over the clone, but since so many ppl do I figured it may be worth a shot. I just wanted to keep my clone in the mix cause i've spent so much time selecting parts, testing, and fabricating the case.

I'm on my third gainclone right now. My first two were carbon copies of peter's amp-1 style case with cheaper parts and my current one uses quality parts (bg std for ps, riken input, bg n input cap, holco feedback, wire wrap internal wiring, alps pot, wbt knockoff binding posts, plitron tx, mur 860 discrete bridge) in my own style case (may or may not be worth attention, we'll soon see).

brent

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.