Gainclones and vinyl?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hola amigos,

With all the positive posts about these little chipamps, I was wondering who has tried one with a good vinyl frontend.

It seems that most of the folks here use a CD source, and I'm curious if the circuit was voiced with this in mind. Does the quality of these little amps hold up when using vinyl?

If you've used a Gainclone, Inverting Gainclone, JLTi, or your own homebrew chipamp with LPs, would you care to comment on the sonics?

TIA,
Steve

Now there's an idea :idea: Take some LP's, soak them inhot water and bend them about a bit to make GC cases!

Only joking Steve. I haven't yet tried my GC with my TT as I am still developing the GCs in my test system (CD only). I hope to be bringing the GCs down to try them with the TT quite soon though.

I should imagine that if they sound good with CDs, they will sound good with vinyl.

I use my TT all the time with a marantz2238 pre/GC amp.I still use the marantz as a pre as i havent built a stand alone TT pre as yet.The sound is about what you would expect, clear, sharp and tight bass.TT is an old restored AR 3 (moded) and a grado black cart.Had to re solder all the connections for ground to keep the damn hum out using the grado.
ron

I do have a turntable connected to one of my clones. I even made a separate PhonoClone (in the same type of housing as my GeenKloon amp). Just like the PhonoCube made with a minimum of components.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And a view on the inside:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

For more info, visit the diy page http://gainclone.platenspeler.com and scroll up. And the rear with connectors;

Clones sound good with vinyl.

Maarten

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.