I had a similar experience when I first started with GCs about a year ago.
I built a couple that always seemed to breaking up and distorting, with very low output. After checking, checking and checking again, I was totally bemused, so I finally connected up another driver, and lo, everything was fine. This confused me, as the old driver I then used in another system and it was fine. To cut a long story short, I eventually traced the problem to the length of speaker cable I was using as a test hook up, it had an intermittent internal short:rolleyes:
Moral, check everything, not just the obvious!;)
I once bought an old Ford transit van with a seized engine. I bought another engine and swapped them over and while I was buying gaskets etc, I bought a set of new spark plugs.
But try as I might, I could not get that engine running. I stripped it down several times, checked everything in sight but after a couple of months, and a couple of experienced mechanics taking a look still it would not run.
Then one day, hearing my cursing, an elderly neighbour came over and suggested starting at the beginning and checking the spark plugs. I told him that they were all brand new, but he insisted on putting in the old ones and, you guessed it, the engine started first turn of the key! :(
I'm very glad to report that the little GC monoblocks are now singing again. For the record, the one with the new chip/coupling caps came into full flow after about 20 minutes. It was quite noticable!
And I'm pretty sure now that the chip that I took out is OK so I'm halfway to another GC :devilr:
|All times are GMT. The time now is 01:56 AM.||
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 17.65%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2019 diyAudio