LM3886 Schematics + PCB

I use the Q-BAIHE LT1083 adjustable power supply board from Amazon for testing my builds. The output voltage is adjustable up to 48V depending on input. If you are careful with the wiring you can power two LM3886 (Dual Rail) with one board. They use two LT1083; the vendor mentions 5A per side but the LT1083 is rated higher; good enough for my purposes.
Amazon.com: Q-BAIHE Sliding LT1083 adjustable power supply board HIFI linear power dual output: Industrial & Scientific

I'm not sure but think the supply is similar to the attached Schematic which I found somewhere on the net. It's an easy build and will be one of my next projects mainly because its adjustable. The only problem, is having to use chinese LT1083 as its no longer being manufactured.

There is also an easyeda project by maurits.dijkens. Not sure if its a finished design as I've only recently spotted it. You can export easyeda to various formats including altium.
LT1083 Linear Regulator - EasyEDA

I posted a video of my Cordell Super Gainclone on Youtube using the power supply. You get a glimpse of it in use behind the heatsink of my amp.
YouTube

Attachments

• LT1083.jpg
    LT1083.jpg
    971.9 KB · Views: 789
  • LT 1083 SCH.png
    LT 1083 SCH.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 785
Last edited:
Check the image of the dual positive power supply with three wires coming from the terminals.

The three wires are labeled "+VCC", "Ground (symbol)" and "-VEE" on the cardboard.

Notice how the yellow/orange wire splits at the power supply. It goes to the connection marked "GND" on the first LT1083 output and also to the "+VCC" output of the second LT1083 output. That becomes your Ground connection.

The Red becomes your "+VCC" output, the Black wire which comes from the second LT1083 connection marked "GND" becomes your -VEE output.

That's about it.

Attachments

• LT1083.jpg
    LT1083.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 743
  • LT 1083 SCH.png
    LT 1083 SCH.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 712
  • LT1083 Wiring.jpg
    LT1083 Wiring.jpg
    971.9 KB · Views: 631
transformer power is irrelevant as long as its VA rating is 1.5-2 times more than your load demands.
15A transformer you have has no duty except to supply current demanded as per the load. read some basics of electrical engineering stuff, you will be better off!
Put a CL60 inline as a softstart as per NP (Nelson Pass) designs.

Please do some reading around, you will learn much more