LM3886 Schematics + PCB

@ apexaudio,

Thanks a lot!

Can this amp be connected in parallel to other amps so that we can obtain higher power?

Cheers!

Erik
You need new PCB for parallel circuit.

Attachments

• LM3886 Parallel.gif
    LM3886 Parallel.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 6,463
Do you builded some gainclones?

Hi, apexaudio!

Yes, I did build a gainclone, and thanks to your help i can say it works well!

I did, though, use a TDA7377 chip instead of the 3886, because I got this chip for free from a friend. I decided to do so because I wanted to gain some experience before spending a larger amount of money on a project.

Not that the 3886 project is expensive; on the contrary, everybody says it is quite an affordable way to build a nice sounding amp. I just happened to have almost everything I needed (except for the box and heatsink) to build an amp with the 7377. Since it uses a single 12V power supply (which I already had), I decided to build the amp with this chip, on a breadboard. I must admit this is not the best solution, but as an experiment, it is acceptable.

Now that I've built my first amp, I'll start planning the one with a 3886 with a lot more care... and I'll try not to repeat some mistakes I made on the first one! :D

Unfortunately, I haven't got a decent camera to share a picture yet. As soon as I get one, I'll surely post some pics here.

Once again, thanks a lot!

Cheers!

Erik

Hi, apexaudio!

Yes, I did build a gainclone, and thanks to your help i can say it works well!

I did, though, use a TDA7377 chip instead of the 3886, because I got this chip for free from a friend. I decided to do so because I wanted to gain some experience before spending a larger amount of money on a project.

Not that the 3886 project is expensive; on the contrary, everybody says it is quite an affordable way to build a nice sounding amp. I just happened to have almost everything I needed (except for the box and heatsink) to build an amp with the 7377. Since it uses a single 12V power supply (which I already had), I decided to build the amp with this chip, on a breadboard. I must admit this is not the best solution, but as an experiment, it is acceptable.

Now that I've built my first amp, I'll start planning the one with a 3886 with a lot more care... and I'll try not to repeat some mistakes I made on the first one! :D

Unfortunately, I haven't got a decent camera to share a picture yet. As soon as I get one, I'll surely post some pics here.

Once again, thanks a lot!

Cheers!

Erik
I think you have no mistakes with second amplifiers, gainclones are very simple.
Regards