Gainclone Transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Daniel, ok will do. Current build is with all standard components. Maybe I'm just lucky ? BTW, just to be safe, I remeasured DC on the output and it is only around 5 to 7 mV ☺ on both channels. The amp has been running almost non stop this week at varying levels without a problem. The temperature never rises above approx. 48°C on the copper heat sink just above the chip, even after prolonged 90% volume sessions (the neighbors weren't at home at that time 😀)

Cheers
Ru

Last edited:
I think 47uf is enough for Ci. It gives about -0.2dB for 20Hz. The speaker will have minimum -10dB drop there at least, so 0,2dB compated to that is nothing.
I'm not sure bigger than 100u is required for TV cap. I use only 100n there as there are reservoir caps. Some setups use 1500uF near the chip as there is no reservoir cap at all.
Not sure why should it be the exact same TV as suggested by Audio sector.
Audio is about preferences. Because someone likes X or Y sound, doesn't mean other likes it too. So if you only have different kind available you shouldn't just buy one for much more just because it was told. If you want to test, then yes buy different kind, but not a must.

Well Said :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.