The best sounding audio integrated opamps

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I think I provided adequate reasons to suggest that it's not necessarily so...

At most you may say that all of my preferences are directly related to my particular music tastes. Then again, audio is subjective in nature, so what did you expect :cool:

No problem at all, I just wanted to highlight that this is YOUR personal preference, in YOUR application circuit, with YOUR music, in YOUR system, for reasons YOU only know.

A newcomer here could by mistake take these personal opinions as somehow having any value for other people with other music, other systems, other topologies.;)

jd

SoNic_real_one, that NJMs is nowhere near OPA2134's performace. BTW, do you speak romanian by any chance?

It was just an example of applications where one OpAmp can be better than other (I/V versus preamplifier).
NJM2068 has 0.001% TDH at gain 20dB, 0.56uV noise, 6V/uS SR, 5.5MHz GBW.
OPA2134 has 0.000008% TDH at gain 1 (would be some 0.0008% at 20db), 1.2uV noise, 20V/uS SR, 8MHz GBW.
In a pure analog stage, 2068 is slightly better, but on an I/V stage 2134 is better. You are testing the OpAmps in preamplifier...

PS: Mai mult scriu in romana... De vorbit mai putin ca nu prea am cu cine.

Last edited:
I've replaced the LT1028 with the LT1363 and I seem to prefer the latter :p

It has a more mellow and warm sound. Love it. I'll make a quick comparison between LT1363 and LME49720HA to decide what to stay with, at least until I try the OPA1611 for which I have high expectations.

yeah, did you read my last posts on head-fi?

anyway yeah the best combination so far for me is 2*1364>1*Earth...I've tried the opposite but the dual 1364 kills the SS and the Earth micro-details!

tomorrow I'll try 2*Earth>2*1363, so I'll finally get to hear if 2*singles are night and day w/ 1*dual...but it very much seems to be the case! the SS is just beyond words on the Earth :spin:

Ideally, I'll use 4*1363 and 2*Earth on the Claro Halo soundcard...it's got the AK4396, bit-perfect drivers and a well shielded 4 layers PCB :)

I'll also try the Sun V2 replacing the 1363 or the Earth..but well, I don't think that'd work.

I will also try tomorrow 2*Earth>1*LT1028CS8...if I like what I hear I'll try the LT1028ACN8 on browndog's, to do 4*LT1028ACN8>2*Earth...but the 1364 gives a magic sound to vocals, and the Earth embelishes it tremendously :headshot:

I want to buy a couple of LT1632 (rail-to-rail, fast & low distortion) to try...
well, did you try LT1678? it's nothing to write home about.

anyway, LT advised me these parts:
LT1468 (low distortion, low current noise, low voltage noise)
LT1678
LT1364
LT6231 (for lower supply voltage apps)

I don't think you can top the 136x...they have that magic touch on vocals, I wish I knew wth it does...but it does it! :cloud9:

Last edited:
well, did you try LT1678? it's nothing to write home about.

anyway, LT advised me these parts:

I don't think you can top the 136x...they have that magic touch on vocals, I wish I knew wth it does...but it does it! :cloud9:

What would the LT1678 have to do with the LT1632? They're both rail to rail but for the rest entirely different opamps.

peranders, I just like to talk about the sound of opamps... can you cope with this?