Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Anyone have a service manual or schematic for an Event TR8 active speaker?
Anyone have a service manual or schematic for an Event TR8 active speaker?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd December 2011, 02:44 PM   #21
drsbaitso is offline drsbaitso
diyAudio Member

I'm a bit late to the party I know, but I've got a pair of Event TR5 speakers giving me some nasty RF interference problems. It seems this is a known issue, I'd love any leads on a fix and/or a schematic for any of the monitors in the TR series if anyone has one.

toastmilk AT yahoo.com

Thanks!
Old 18th December 2012, 11:08 PM   #22
btstom is offline btstom  United States
diyAudio Member

I have a pair of TR-8's that are not working. Can I get a copy of the TR-8 (or the TR-6 if that is all that is available)? Output IC's are working and signal path from the volume pot to the output is okay. I believe the first op amp chip is out, but would like to see the schematic before I perform surgery. Thanks! my e-mail is btstom@yahoo.com
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:20 PM   #23
philmil is offline philmil
diyAudio Member

hello, i have just bought a pair of TR6 monitors. one works fine the other doesn't.
i've swapped the woofer and tweeter into the working one and they are fine.

on removing the board i notice U2 which is an op amp, serial number;
st 072C Z204, is shattered in half [half missing].

question 1] do you think this is a standard 072 op amp as made by texas intruments, st microelectronics and others. 62 pence in maplins ??

one of the surface mounted capacitors looks a bit shattered also. its the cap in C2, on the circuit board.

question2] does anyone know what this cap is rated at please.

there is a photo of this exact circuit on page 1 of this thread.

thanks if you can help.
Old 14th July 2014, 06:03 AM   #24
Harvey Birdman is offline Harvey Birdman
diyAudio Member

Default Event TR8 or TR6 Schematic.

Hi there, greetings from down under,

I know this is an old thread but I'm just wondering if anyone can send me a schematic for an Event TR8 or even a TR6 would be a help.

Also need to know what the power transformer is rated at. Looks like it might be around 30 volts centre tapped.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 30th December 2016, 02:24 PM   #25
Dekwilso is offline Dekwilso
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxn View Post
I have the schematic for TR6 which is a very simple input/pot/subsonic/xo/amp design. I suppose it's not much different. Try to probe around with a scope, measure preamp supply rails (should be around +-15V) etc. Then report your findings

I just saw this thread and was wondering did anyone have that Event TR8 schematic still?
Old 30th December 2016, 02:27 PM   #26
Dekwilso is offline Dekwilso
diyAudio Member

This thread is soo old but I was hoping somebody still had that Event TR8 schematic. My email is denniskwilson2002@yahoo.com
Old 29th June 2017, 12:56 PM   #27
Vinylfetischist is offline Vinylfetischist  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxn View Post
I have the schematic for TR6 which is a very simple input/pot/subsonic/xo/amp design. I suppose it's not much different. Try to probe around with a scope, measure preamp supply rails (should be around +-15V) etc. Then report your findings
Hi, i found an old Thread of you. I got. One Pair of Event Project Studio 6. A Friends was connenting the Speakers (US ) with German 230Volts. So i'm searching for the Circuit of the Amps. A few Years ago, you said, you got.it. When you still got it, please, could you do me a big Favor and sende me a copy. The Support was changed to Rode and they dont have the old Circuits now...
Old 21st October 2018, 01:37 PM   #28
echoic is offline echoic
diyAudio Member

In case anybody is still looking for the TR8 schematic, I found it posted here:
Event tr8 upgrade? - Gearslutz

Anyone have a service manual or schematic for an Event TR8 active speaker?Hide this!Advertise here!